Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Mike Disfarmer"

http://theater2.nytimes.com/2009/02/02/theater/reviews/02disf.html

This NYtimes article was a great read! I was a theatre major for two years, and have been envolved on stage since I was 11, so it tickled my fancy. This looks like an amazing show. I have seen similar performances that envolve puppets and require multiple puppeteers. After a while, you over look the people manipulating the puppet, and can really get into it! This play would be especially interesting to this class, since it is centered around a small town "excentric" photographer. (Although what small town folks consider "excentric" is sometimes a little distorted. I would totally hang and drink a brewskie with Mike.) Anyone up for a road trip to Brooklyn?

No comments:

Post a Comment