Tuesday, March 10, 2009

questions questions questions

1. Name, phone #, and e-mail:
oooh, I'm sure my number is written in a stall somewhere...
email is audrey_c_w@hotmail.com

2. What’s your major? What year will you graduate?
I am a Literature major, and the tunnel has no light yet. I will have my bach this time next year, and if it all goes to plan, I should have my PhD in 2012. Damn... that seems like forever put in those terms...

3. Why did you choose a photography class (or photography as a major), and what do you hope to learn from school in general and this class specifically?
I have taken just about every other form of "art" at other universities, and have not attempted photography yet. Thought it seemed like something challenging to try, and that I would enjoy it.

4. What are your goals after graduation? Please list your goals in reverse order, starting five years out, then three, two, one, and six months.
5 years after graduation - Maybe working on my first book... half way to a tenure? Who knows. As long as I'm living and loving what I'm doing, I'm going where it takes me.
3 years after graduation - have a stable job at a University somewhere, with a house being built on an amazing plot of land full of trees and miles away from any highway. Maybe another tot or two? *shrug*
1 year after graduation - Hopfully staying afloat while paying back crazy student loans. I hope to have a job doing what I love, the time to read more from my list. Compiling ideas for books...

5. What artists, musicians, photographers, writers, movies, books have influenced you/your work?
Twain,
6. Where do you get information about current national and international events?
nytimes, msn

7. Are there any important websites that you are referencing for art/photo competitions and/or information?
just google and the nytimes

8. What museums and/or galleries have you been to in the past year? I got to see the Body Preservation Exibit at the Museum of History in dallas a year and a half ago, that was amazing.

9. Have you had any photo projects and/ or training in the past?
not in photography, no

10. What is the value of art for the artist?
Depends what kind of value you are talking about. Personal value, I would say is whether or not it expresses whatever they are trying to convey in a style all their own. Then of course there is career/achievment value, whether or not it is "good enough" to be bought, sold, and displayed.

11. What is the value of art for the audience?
Once again, depends on the audience. Over all, though, I would hope it (an audience) consideres originality, execution, emotional impact, a new approach at controversy... etc

12. Is photography a vocation or an avocation?
Well, for me it is an avocation. Hopfully for the many photo majors in the class it will be their vocation.

13. What is your passion?
add an -s and I can answer acurately. My son, reading/writing, using my hands to create (in all of its many forms). all of which are better if I can be outside while doing/enjoying them.

14. What are you afraid of? What makes you uncomfortable?
an uninvited person in my "bubble", mistakes from the past, and worrying whether or not I've "got it in me".

No comments:

Post a Comment