Thursday, March 12, 2009

the list of randomness

In no order... (and probably no sense)

1. People watching is one of my things
2. I am addicted to lip gloss and chap stick
3. 4 siblings in my family, and each of them is one of my by very best friends
4. I got an associates in theatre, then started all the way over
5. I am equipped with a sewing machine, and know how to use it
6. My hair is naturally curly
7. I work from home doing medical forms – for now. It is repetitious and dull, but pays the bills.
8. I was born in Grand Junction, Colorado and miss it quiet often.
9. My mom has webbed feet, and I think it freaking rocks.
10. I was a fashion design major for a while, but quickly grew thin of the ridiculous expectations in the field.
11. My Dad (step father who has raised me, and is in every sense of the word, my Dad) has emphysema, and has been tough to swallow
12. I was raised around horses, and learned they can be the best of companions.
13. I lived in Kearny Nebraska for a while
14. When I was in Philadelphia I got to write for a local music/fashion magazine. Some of the best times of my life.
15. When I’m stressed, a bubble bath and a slushy margarita calm me down
16. I love tranquil, rainy days the best
17. When I lived in Marysville, Kansas I rode a hot pink bicycle absolutely everywhere
18. Embarrassingly, in the 8th grade I was the Delta County Rodeo Queen. (But I got a free saddle out of the deal, so it wasn’t so bad. Except for the terrible sequence blouses I was forced to wear.)
19. I posses the terrible habit of cracking my knuckles – fingers and toes.
20. I can drink milk with any meal. Yes – any.
21. I hate, hate, hate hand washing dishes. I’d rather fold a mound of laundry.
22. I like the smell of a car’s air conditioner when it is first turned on – weird, eh?
23. My Favorite treat is ripe, sweet Clementine orange. Mmmm.
24. I read to much
25. I have a dog named Nikko (from the velvet underground J) She is a mixture between a miniature dachshund and chihuahua. She keeps out the bad folks.
26. My favorite flowers are tulips
27. I am the second oldest out of the four kiddos
28. My older brother just got deployed to Iraq, and I spend a better part of my day thinking about him.
29. If I had to live my life doing an office job, I’d croak.
30. My main two outlets are running and writing.
31. When I was 7 I rolled off of my bunk bed in the middle of the night and cracked my right collar bone in two. It still pops if I move it just right…
32. Coffee fuels my soul
33. I am allergic to jalapenos, major.
34. Sage green is my favorite color in almost any situation.
35. I always wanted to learn to play the violin…
36. When I was a kid, I just knew for sure I wanted to be a zoologist. Then I had my first algebra and physics classes…
37. I was the maid of honor is a wedding once, and fell down the stairs during the ceremony walking to the front. Hands down, most embarrassing moment of my life. Made a GREAT video though J
38. I have a particular twitch when I get too nervous – I will let you figure out what it is on your own.
39. At times, my passionate nature gets me in trouble.
40. I started collecting comic cards with my two brothers when I was a kid, and then was the only one of the three to continue the hobby past the age of 12. I have a few that are probably worth enough to pay for the rest of my college….
41. I worked as the alterations manager at David’s Bridal for a while. Talk about experience.. if you can deal with bride-zillas and their even more rampaging mothers, then you can handle just about anything.
42. My biological father and Mom split up when I was about 6 – he is what some of you would call, a “douche bag.”
43. I do not have satellite or any kind of cable hooked up at my place, for no other reason than I just don’t enjoy it as much as the much more affordable and mind stimulating act of reading a book.
44. Nothing has forced me to see and find myself, like becoming a parent has done.
45. I absolutely love the sound of leaves crunching and crackling under my feet, particularly in fall when the leaves are extra crisp.
46. If I believed in reincarnation, and got to pick the animal I returned as (aside from being a human again, of course) it would be a coin toss between an eagle, or horse.
47. I don’t exercise as much as I feel I should.
48. I had an Uncle Ronnie who, when I was about 8, died after eating himself into a diabetic coma. When they found him, he had candy wrappers all over his bedroom floor. That was a pivotal moment in my life, forcing the realization that death is, in fact, not brought on by God (whatever name you may know him by) slapping you with his magic time wand because “he wants you hanging out in the clouds with him.”
49. I was, as I said in class Monday, raised by a hard core conservative Catholic mother, and the issues concerning that upbringing has been a monumental inspiration for many of my writings, art pieces, ideologies… (the list continues but here is where I stop typing)
50. I have only been stung by a bee one time in my entire life, though stinging insects freak me out more than other scary creatures, like snakes or rodents.
51. I have extremely vivid, abstract dreams almost every night, and I love it.
52. I am open to all kinds of music, though the only one I just can’t make myself sit down and listen to is rap.
53. Before I die, I am going to have attended the Bluegrass Festival in Telluride, Colorado at least once.
54. My ancestry is almost equally divided between a German and Jewish heritage… peculiar, eh?
55. The smell of cig smoke that sticks to a person after they smoke in a confided area really makes my tum tum quiver.
56. My weakness when it comes to food – mozzarella sticks dipped in ranch. Mmmm.
57. I hate the way my hands smell after shopping and handling metal clothes hangers.
58. I have dry eye disease. Egk. Pretty much, my eyes don’t create enough moisture on their own. Hence me hardly ever wearing contacts.
59. I was a dental assistant for about a year. I worked for a great doc, but staring down mouths all day wasn’t my thing, so it was back to school I go. (again…)
60. I have a tattoo… sshhhhh
61. I have a horse named Zeus , he’s a flea bitten grey (white with little speckles) and he is getting old. The day he dies will be a sad sad day. He rocks.
62. I know what I am going to school for… but I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. There isn’t enough time in one lifetime to do all the things I feel like I am supposed to do.
63. I am usually pretty mellow and laid back, with a sarcastic twist
64. I do all I can to surround myself with vibrant, open-minded, optimistic people who challenge and shape my ways of thinking in what I consider, the right direction.
65. My weapon of choice – words.
66. I have dark black bob tail cat named Alexander the Great. I call him Zander for short, and ironically got him this past Halloween. When he meows, he sounds like he is whispering. He’s a sweetie.
67. Sometimes I speak before I sort out the “appropriate” phrasing or edit ideas in my mind, and my bluntness gives the impression that I am rude. *shrug*
68. I have a total soft spot for kiddos in rough situations. I bend in ways I didn’t know I could in order to help them, fully aware that being taken advantage of is a possibility.
69. Cheesy zombie flicks are super fun
70. I absolutely love to use a single, genuine smile to transform a total strangers entire day or attitude. Try it, it’s fun.
71. Willow trees, to me, are absolutely beautiful. When I eventually find that one place I want to grow old, I will plant one there.
72. The smell in the air right before it rains, aahhh how I wish I could capture that in a little bottle and keep it for whenever I wanted it.
73. I would rather be outside.
74. Geology intrigues me, and I wish there was a living to still be made in fossil digging. I’d so be that chick.
75. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a mermaid so damn bad. Not because Walt Disney made them look hot, or because they are glued to all of the little girl fantasy stories along with fairies and princesses, but because I wanted so bad to be a part of a different world without being a martian. Or maybe a Jupiterian. *second shrug*
76. I have the compulsive need to touch things – in stores, outside, books, textures, everything. Well, almost everything. I don’t fondle the public toilet or anything...
77. It’s been said that the most beautiful form is a naked woman’s body. I always thought it was a naked a tree… leafless with every curved and twisted branch revealed, reaching upward. I don’t know if it is the eerie feel or the appreciation for the natural order and catching a glimpse of them without their skivvies on, but I love it.
78. I wouldn’t say I am terrified of many things. I am open to try just about anything once, within my moral boundaries.
79. I am not a picky/squeamish eater, not even a little. I don’t eat Jalapenos because they close up my throat and causes anaphylactic shock... but with that aside I will try it at least once.
80. I have been known to enjoy a sip or two of good wine…
81. Favorite town on earth (so far) is Boulder Colorado
82. My most anticipated traveling ambition is to voyage all over Ireland. I want to visit every pub, every church, and all the castles during the country’s greenest months. I always thought the most ideal year of all time would be to have the money and the time do spend 12 months going throughout this country, with no responsibility other than writing whatever it is I will be working on at the time and meeting as many new people that would take the time to talk.
83. I get embarrassed for people entirely to easy, and I tend to get wrapped up in what they may be feeling that at times I have a hard time differentiating the feeling as the viewer from the experiencer.
84. I sing oh so loud in my car when I don’t think you can see me. Or more importantly, hear me.
85. I am super ticklish.
86. Dusting, swiftering, and windexing are the three therapeutic cleaning tasks I don’t mind. (Unlike the daunting dish washing.. *shudder*)
87. The most horrifying experience I’ve had up to date happened on a Wednesday morning along I95 on my way to the University of DE for class. A truck and school bus had a nasty collision, and I had arrived a few seconds before the ambulance with their tarps. The visuals still haunt me sometimes.
88. For someone who loves to read and write as much as I do, I am a horrible speller.
89. Historically speaking, ancient Rome, Medieval Ireland, WWII (around the globe), and America’s roaring 20’s all very much intrigue me.
90. One of these days I am going to cover an entire wall of my house in clustered, collaged art pieces – paint, charcoal, color pencils, deco posh, photos, writing – then seal it to keep it safe. I have had this plan for a while… now for those kahoonies…
91. The smell of burp totally grosses me out
92. I have been wearing glasses since kindergarten, and am deemed legally blind without them.
93. I worry the most at night, right before I fall asleep. Then dream about the crap.
94. The movie Braveheart still gets me every time.
95. I am taking my son to Scottish Rite tomorrow. They are going to investigate and try to diagnose an unusual auto immune disease... talk about a nightmare.
96. I wouldn’t physically fight for a lot of things, but I would a million times over for my family.
97. I have only been to jail once, and it was, speak of the devil, due to a fight in high school. A big ‘ole gal started to raise her hand back to hit me (I am still confused as to why to this day) and I beat her to it – with my biology book. I slammed her upward in the nose. I had to sit that one out while she took care of the injury…
98. I was a vegetarian for a long time, then I got pregnant. No time is better for a steak than when you’re prego. I still only eat white meat for the most part now, though. For no other reason than attempting to stay healthy. (Don’t get me wrong, I love the animals and all that jazz… but PETA is a little over the top in my book. )
99. I get super duper car sick if I read while riding in a car. Bleh.

100. Last but not least… the only live thing I have ever shot was an armadillo with my dad’s shot gun. He was ruining my mom’s garden, and when I was visiting from college and about to embark on a little run, I caught 'em! yehaw. I was damned proud at the time. Cheve would have been for sure. I even have a picture I am going to hunt down and attach to this...
mmmm - morning hair and pitch fork for effect. That morning rocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment